The Bolton Hill Bulletin is published monthly by the Mount Royal Improvement Association (MRIA), the community association of the Bolton Hill neighborhood in Baltimore, MD. Reporting on neighborhood news and events, we seek to foster the appreciate and understanding of our area.
Articles are organized according to the following categories, with some overlap:
- Neighborhood News, about the people and places that make up Bolton Hill.
- MRIA Matters, concerning activities of the Mt. Royal Improvement Association.
- Safety, with news of ongoing projects or events related to crime and safety and tips to improve the safety of our neighborhood for everyone.
- Social Justice, a forum for news, editorials, and ideas to encourage more engagement with our surrounding communities.
- History of our neighborhood and Baltimore. Understanding where we have been helps us find direction for where we are going.
- Volunteer Opportunities, with specific information on local organizations that could use more volunteers and deserve our support.
- What’s Happening, with local events and other ideas for fun in the neighborhood or nearby.
- The Poet’s Corner, featuring work by neighborhood versifiers of all ages.
We welcome submissions about local events for our Bulletin Calendar. Events should be located in the vicinity of Bolton Hill or feature a Bolton Hill resident and be open to the public. If you have an event that you would like posted, please send all the pertinent details to the editors.
Click here to become a member of MRIA and receive the Bulletin every month directly via email. Your membership supports the Association’s efforts to enhance the quality of life in Bolton Hill and keep the neighborhood beautiful, clean, and safe. Together, MRIA and the Bolton Hill Bulletin provide the forum for this diverse community to define issues, take advantage of opportunities, and respond to challenges.
Editors: Peter Van Buren, Jean Lee Cole
Circulation & Advertising: Powell Perng